Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Shopping Portal I didn't know - Wish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks Chinese, lots of latex and one jacket that I bought: https://www.wish.com/product/5b12224ffe8...?share=web

It arrived today, so here a short review.

[attachment=45103]

I have seen this jacket on amazon for a while, but when I tried to order it, I got the message, that the seller doesn't accept to trade with me... odd. Well, then I found it at Wish, ordered it and got it, after about three weeks.

It came in a zipper bag, strong plastic, definitely for long-term storeage. In the bag was a piece of paper with the following text:
"Do not use water soaked clothes within 2 weeks, Because our clothes are all handmade, the glue is not completely solidified, if you really want to use, please bask in the sun about 2-3 days. Then wipe the surface with alcohol or water." This is noteworthy, because I remember the typical expectations, latex garments from china fall apart after a very short time. Perhaps, this is an explanation.

The size is as expected, arms a tad short, but that's okay. The material is not chlorinated, so I had to powder it with talcum. I was a bit suspicious about the functionality of the drawstring for the hood, and I was right. It doesn't move at the moment. I think, it needs some talkum as well, but it will be tricky to get it in place.. I checked all seams and found a spot at the front pocket, where a corner is lose, about 1 cm length. and the top of the zipper is not glued into the collar on one side, about 2 cm. All other seams are fine. This is not a death sentence, but not hight quality either. I will write the seller and see, if I get a reply.

Apart from that, as mentioned, tons of stuff, and prices are moderate.

ps: I just noticed, that the design of the drawstring is not exactly as on the picture. My jacket has a seam around the rim of the hood, where the string is embedded, and it comes out at the zipper. No eylets, string stopper or anything.
Difference between Aliexpress and Wish:

Quote:1. The AliExpress commission rate is only 0.05, meaning that the seller has to pay only 5% for each transaction. Wish.com is a bit less friendly — it charges a 10% commission for every purchase, which is twice as big as the AliExpress’s rate. Some sellers working at both platforms at the same time accept this way of things and don’t raise the price for Wish’s visitors, but most of them are of the opinion that the one who has to pay for the higher commission is the buyer. They share the burden with you on both platforms, but on AliExpress it’s a bit lower.
2. Dropshipping is great when you’re the one to sell, but when you’re a buyer, you just pay more than you could have paid if you spent more time on researching. Wish.com is extremely popular among dropshippers who buy their products on AliExpress and sell them somewhere else. Their purpose in that case, is to earn money, of course, which means they always try to buy something for ten dollars, for instance, and then sell you the same item for twenty. In 2019 they used AliExpress to earn on Wish, and not the other way around. It’s 2020 aeady, and nothing has changed in that respect.

In other words, AliExpress is generally cheaper than Wish. Both platforms work with dozen and hundreds, and even thousands of sellers, however, so there is no final opinion. We recommend checking both stores from time to time; chances are, you’ll find a lot of cheap products on Wish.com, too.

TL;DR: Same sellers, same manufacturers, but Aliexpress is much bigger and cheaper. Also, I see lots of bad reviews of Wish. The general consensus - use Ali.
ive used wish a few times for kinky and non kinky purchases... so far all but one have been fine.
The one that went wrong, the parcel left on time... went on a big chinese road trip and then was returned to vendor without ever leaving the country.
I was however able to get a full refund, raised a few support tickets and followed the instructions and all was good!
(30 Dec 2020, 23:55 )Strappado Wrote: [ -> ]"Do not use water soaked clothes within 2 weeks, Because our clothes are all handmade, the glue is not completely solidified, if you really want to use, please bask in the sun about 2-3 days. Then wipe the surface with alcohol or water."
this basically means that they are not suing the bostik solvent based glue... ive had that too on things from AliExpress and Ebay... what allways amazes me is that its surely had that time in transit...

but like you ive had well made and less well made things arrive and had to patch fix a few items
(31 Dec 2020, 10:32 )ltxrob Wrote: [ -> ][quote="Strappado" pid="48774" dateline="1609368936"]
but like you ive had well made and less well made things arrive and had to patch fix a few items

any suggestion on easy to come by glue? Will bicycle tube glue work well?
(01 Jan 2021, 03:25 )Strappado Wrote: [ -> ]
(31 Dec 2020, 10:32 )ltxrob Wrote: [ -> ]
(30 Dec 2020, 23:55 )Strappado Wrote: [ -> ]but like you ive had well made and less well made things arrive and had to patch fix a few items

any suggestion on easy to come by glue? Will bicycle tube glue work well?
I did test that a few year ago and as its rubber cement it should work just fine
The official bostik glue and solvent combo is the best, but its neither cheap or has a long shelf life, but it can be purchased pretty easily on Ebay in sensible 125- 250ml quantities (and gallons obv Rolleyes )

copydex works too, but the seceret to all of this is make sure things are very clean first... solvent based cleaner is the best, just test a small patch first if not 100% certain its the right stuff

and... @Like Ra Post No. 1000! 😁
(01 Jan 2021, 10:00 )ltxrob Wrote: [ -> ]@Like Ra Post No. 1000!
Yeeeeehaaaaaa!!!!!! 😉
I have some pieces of latex from a broken item, that I will use for an experiment...