Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Dumbing down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How come every time I visit a museum, an art gallery or a botanic garden I'm now assumed to be a five-year-old?

It p'sses me off every time.
Grrrrrr.

Culmor.
You can see that everywhere, even in computer gaming. Everything must be explained as easy as possible. I guess, the dumber the folk is, the easier it is to reign.
(11 Jul 2020, 18:26 )B1u3 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess, the dumber the folk is, the easier it is to reign.
Yes, and one more thing. It's a typical manipulation. If you speak to another person as if one were a child, that person automatically (unconsciously) assumes a role of a kid, follows what "the adult" says, and behaves to avoid feeling guilty.

Guilt and shame (as well as shaming others for own guilts) are two major parts of manipulations, abuse and gaslighting.
(11 Jul 2020, 18:45 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 Jul 2020, 18:26 )B1u3 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess, the dumber the folk is, the easier it is to reign.
Yes, and one more thing. It's a typical manipulation. If you speak to another person as if one were a child, that person automatically (unconsciously) assumes a role of a kid, follows what "the adult" says, and behaves to avoid feeling guilty.

Guilt and shame (as well as shaming others for own guilts) are two major parts of manipulations, abuse and gaslighting.
Ra,
Yes, you are correct that guilt and shame are both powerful and pervasive manipulations in social life. Just go  ask anyone who was abused in childhood, the abuser used shame, guilt, and anger as tools. Since this often happens when the children are young, the results of the abuse never go away. Gaslighting is especially cruel. Gaslighting attacks ones very existential sense of ones identify and belief in their ability to know what is real and what is not. Of course, gaslighters are profundity sociopaths. My country is run by one.
🤯

Really ??