Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Jeannie Epper, Lynda Carter's stunt double
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman was usually stunt doubled by Jeannie Epper, and as you can see she's generally of a slightly lighter build than Lynda.

[attachment=27462]

I've read elsewhere that Lynda had a number of 'unconvincing' male stunt doubles and I intend to investigate. 

In the episode 'The Deadly Toys ' a toymaker builds a robotic Wonder Woman and (of course) a fight with the real Wondie ensues. I'm willing to believe the first sequence below is of Jeannie but I'm not entirely convinced of the other shots.

[attachment=27463]
[attachment=27464]
[attachment=27465]

There's a 'V' of red and blue satin sewn onto the back of the stunt costume to fill in where the hooks and eyes won't close. That makes me suspect that the person wearing it isn't who it was intended for.
Funny, I clearly prefer Jeannie to Lynda 😁
(12 Jan 2018, 12:38 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Funny, I clearly prefer Jeannie to Lynda 😁

Well, Jeannie did appear quite androgynous at times. An epicene Wondie, I can see how that might be an 'intriguing' idea to play with.

Have another pic of Jeannie 😊

[attachment=27496]
(12 Jan 2018, 12:38 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Funny, I clearly prefer Jeannie to Lynda 😁

Care to expand on that Ra?
Here are Lynda and Jeannie in the motorcycle chase scene from 'The Murderous Missile'. It's not difficult to tell them apart as someone in wardrobe seems to have 'over-compensated'  😊 

[attachment=27515]
[attachment=27516]
[attachment=27517]
[attachment=27518]
(14 Jan 2018, 10:50 )culmor Wrote: [ -> ]

Care to expand on that Ra?

This is very subjective, and, most likely, socionics-driven opinion:

Jeannie: calm, does not "show up", natural, honest, sporty, strong, reliable, "OK, I'll do it, even in this ridiculous clothing" = the real super-girl
Lynda: unnatural ("for the camera") emotions on the "hysterical side", "soft" and "shaky", unstable, a potential alcoholic, "Oh, yes, this is the best clothes for the super-girl!" = a weak parody
(16 Jan 2018, 00:57 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Lynda: ... a potential alcoholic,
Ha! Just stumbled upon multiple articles, saying, that she had really serious problems with alcohol! I did not know this!

See? One photo says it all...
(16 Jan 2018, 01:03 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(16 Jan 2018, 00:57 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]Lynda:  ...  a potential alcoholic,
Ha! Just stumbled upon multiple articles, saying, that she had really serious problems with alcohol! I did not know this!

See? One photo says it all...

Thanks Ra, thats very interesting, a potential alcoholic. I didn't think Lynda started drinking until well into the nineties, about twenty years after shooting WW when she had marital problems and her husband was accused (and aquitted) of fraud.
I've just read that she started drinking right after shooting the Wonder Woman.

Yeah, here it is: http://www.sober-solutions.com/how-lynda...alcoholic/

Quote:Despite being one of the world's most beautiful women and the highest-paid actress on television, actress Lynda Carter became an alcoholic after her starring role on ABC's "Wonder Woman" ended in 1979.
Somehow I don't trust a website calling itself 'Sober Solutions'. Sound like fundamentalist religious propaganda to me.

I'm reminded of why the UK's recommended drinking limits are the lowest in Europe.

It's because we're still Puritans and the Government's advisors, 'The Institute for Alcohol Studies' is the trading arm of the 'Alliance House Foundation' who are an alias for the  'UK Alliance', a prohibitionist  movement having existed since 1853

https://www.alliancehousefoundation.org.uk
Pages: 1 2 3