Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Selfbondage and single-gloves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Medical magnetic locks? What is that?

BTW, can you buy electromagnetic door locks in usual shops in Germany? Going to DE for a week. I have checked in Hornbach and OBI - nothing.
Actually I was thinking about an ice-based lock for the straps. But magnetic locks should work better. For example, you can clamp the "prepared" zipper with such a lock, so your safety escape will not be available for some time.
Magnetic locks, as used on medical restraints, are made from two magnetical disks, one with a pin and another one that fits onto the pin. It requires a magnet to remove the second disk. The release magnet could me mounted somewhere and these magnets are permanent, so no power source is needed.

News about the two-way zipper: I still haven't looked a suitable slider. The original replacement I had is too small, works on the normal direction but not from the other side - apparently even spiral zippers are "sided". Since I tested that, the old one has gone astray somewhere and I cannot test the new one because testing requires a zipper that is at least partially closed... But I am sure a magnetic lock will work here, just need to find out how.

As for magnetic door locks, do you mean those that look just like normal locks but the shutter can be opened electromagnetically?
I wonder if these magnetic locks can be used.
never seen those before. the locks I meant are here: http://tasker.blacksteel.com/seiten/segu...ck_en.html - apparently someone who has special interest in them
Aha! Found Segufix stuff on eBay! so, they sell lots of different restricting things. That requires some investigation...
careful, this stuff has been clinically tested 😉
(14 Nov 2009, 05:43 )Strappado Wrote: [ -> ]careful, this stuff has been clinically tested 😉
Escapeproof you mean? 😉
I have an untested idea - for armbinder with lacing, replace laces with some planks (aluminium, for example), bolted in place through eyelets. Then we can close and lock armbinder through locking those planks together. That can be done, for example, with electromagnet locks on top, and simple hinge below, for example. Sadly, I don't have such armbinder right now, so I'm interested in suggestions and opinions of more "hardware experienced" people =)
(17 Feb 2011, 18:11 )DeWired Wrote: [ -> ]replace laces with some planks (aluminium, for example), bolted in place through eyelets. Then we can close and lock armbinder through locking those planks together.
Like scissors, right? Very interesting idea!

Rings at the top would allow closing the armbinder with a simple rope loop. If the rope is kept under tension, the binder is closed. If not - ut can be opened with some efforts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5