Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Looking for a Vibrator...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all!

I am looking for a vibrator that I can plug in to a timer, that the timer would turn the vibrator on and off at certain intervals.  Sounds easy enough.

However, I am also wanting the vibrator to have a random or pulse type function, so when it is activated you won't know what pattern is coming on, or at least it is a pulse pattern.

I have seen wands or magic wands that would meet the "plug-in" part of my search, but does anyone know of a wand or other vibrator that once you set the desired pattern, and it is turned off, when it turns on it is still the same pulse type pattern?

I am looking for this device as the tease mechanism for self bondage!!!

Thanks for any insight!
The problem is - you never know even if it can be turned on by a timer. I bought two magic wands, that must be manually turned on. As soon as they lose power, they will not automatically switch on if power restores ☹
I think this probably requires some diy tinkering.
Require the vibe a bit to bypass the on/off switch.. Then use something like an arduino with a variable pulse width modulation program that will control the functions of the vibrations.
I have a different take on this one.
I bought a battery powered random vibrator at the local sex shop. It runs off two AA batteries. What I did was took two wires and soldered them to a peice of circuit board. Then ran the wires to a relay that is connected to the timed.

It works very well, as long as the batteries last.

The best way of course is to get a battery adaptor, plug it in the timer and plug into a modified vibrator battery pack.

Simple
Can't beleve how simple this was.
Take the battery that is used in the vibrator.
Match the diameter and length to a pair of wood dowels.
Take the two wires from your battery adaptor and cut off the plug part.
Separate the wires and remove about a 1/2 inch ( yes, I am an American ) and wrap it around two un-painted Thumb Tacks and push them in the ends of the wood dowel. Mark the dowels Neg and Pos. Place them in your vibrator
And plug it in the wall or timer.
(18 Mar 2016, 15:33 )Tinker D Wrote: [ -> ]Can't beleve how simple this was.
Take the battery that is used in the vibrator.
Match the diameter and length to a pair of wood dowels.
Take the two wires from your battery adaptor and cut off the plug part.
Separate the wires and remove about a 1/2 inch ( yes, I am an American ) and wrap it around two un-painted Thumb Tacks and push them in the ends of the wood dowel. Mark the dowels Neg and Pos. Place them in your vibrator
And plug it in the wall or timer.

That actually makes pretty good sense!  

When the vibrator turns on, does it stay on the random function?  What kind of vibrator do you have?

Also, re the battery adaptor.  Generally as I think that has a positive and negative wire.  However, if your vibrator has say, two batteries, you would need two positives and two negatives.  Did you split the positive and negative in half to do this but kept the overall voltage the same? I guess it would depend on whether the batteries are side by side or in a series.

Thanks again!
All I did, was bought one of those ac adapters that 4 voltages settings and a slew of adapters. 3, 6, 9 and 12 volts DC. Take the dowel and thumb tack and connect the Pos wire to the thumb tack. Mark that POS.
Take the SECOND dowel, connect the NEG wire to it's thumb tack and mark it NEG.

Put both dowels on the vibrator. That's all that is needed.
The vibrator I bought was the bullet type that has a random setting that you select by moving a leaver. A button type can be used, but that requires a keep alive circuit to provide 1/2 volt to keep the electronics alive but the motor off.
A little bit of searching on eBay found this

[attachment=18453] - you will note that it appears to have a positive 'rocker' type switch, so that it should overcome the problems aeady discussed about using massagers with 'digital' switches that can't be left in an 'on' state

I also have adapted a battery vibrator to run from a mains powered transformer and it works well, but I would urge some caution here. Please make sure you test everything first, especially to make sure you haven't over-loaded the motor in the vibrator or overloaded the transformer (less likely but possible).

I recommend a good long test run (I ran the set-up for 20-30minutes non-stop) to make sure everything is ok and there is no risk of over-heating or worse - I have no desire of being helpless and having a melting blob of plastic burning my cock to ashes! Shout

MJ

Ps... I notice the seller is based in the Netherlands, perhaps @LikeRa can find one and physically test it (though obviously not do a self-bondage session in the shop! I don't think even the Dutch are that open and accepting  😁 )
I agree. I would think that batteries would be the best way to go.
One thing I do have, is a 1/16 amp fuse connected to my vibrator. Just in case of a short.
Pages: 1 2