Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: Two Links to Possibly Explore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
LR said:
"Didn't I tell you that I love King Crimson and electric Jazz? "

Probably. I blame 60's brain damage and exposure to King Crimson. They played at a local Detroit legendary venue called the Grande' Ballroom on I think a Wednesday night to less then a thousand people and no one was sure if they were really any good or not. First, there was a guy sitting on a stool playing guitar, a guy playing a sax and flute (not at all common with the new brand of rock) and there was this boxy keyboard that was noisy, cranky and exuded some very, very interesting and weird sounds never heard live before, like people singing, boat horns, animals and all those sonics from the first album. I could not wait to get that LP (yup folks, this was the era of vinyl records) and I played it on my $29.95 K-Mart turntable through my Silvertone amp when my folks weren't around. Loud. I also got the chew job from my mom for going into "nigger town" on a school night. It was the late 60's and I took the bus. Detroit back then was pretty much broken down into black and white sections with few mixed neighborhoods. Now, Detroit is pretty much just broken down and can't be sold for scrap. Not cost effective to haul away. That show, a Life changing event I do wish I could revisit. One of those things about having 20-20 when it comes to hindsight. King Crimson I consider ear orgasm material, especially that first album. I still have a minor meltdown when I hear any of it.

Enjoy,
Dworkin

The best music was made between '68 and '77. With some exceptions (e.g. Dire Straits), of course. Definitely not without some help from Albert Hofmann's invention which was made illegal in 1968. Apparently the bare fact of banning LSD made it even more popular amongst musicians 😉

Or they moved from LSD to psilocybin and mescaline instead?
Pages: 1 2 3