Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: 3D Printed Ice Lock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings all. I just wanted to stop by and introduce a new toy I worked up. It is an Ice lock, much like the ones you are familiar with, except 3D printed in ABS Plastic. The lock is very strong, actually I don't think it could be broke by hand. I get about 15-25 Min before the lock releases generally. It works amazing in conjunction with a darlex sleep sack. Here's how i use it:

I tied a short 550 cord to the top zipper of the darlex sack and a 2 inch stainless steel ring to the other. I lock one end of the ice lock to a collar, and the other end to the ring. When the ice lock drops i can loop the ring around a drawer handle and pul the zipper down.

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to market these here or not but they are available, PM me for info. Mods, if I need to do something else to market these let me know.
And these can be made larger for extended sessions. The one I show above is $25 shipped. Everyone needs 4 or 5 of these 😁
(28 Nov 2014, 18:10 )mrgoat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if i'm allowed to market these here or not but they are available, PM me for info.
No problem, you can post here. Do you have any photos? I still have some difficulties understanding how it works.
This is what it looks like when frozen, only there is ice in it.

[attachment=13419]

And when seperated

[attachment=13418]

And sitting in the freezing stand

[attachment=13420]
Oh, I see now, thanks. I think if you add some insulation (neoprene?) and a bit more rugged/corrugated surface, the delay can be increased to 40-60 minutes using the same volume.

Another tip - add cotton balls. That will greatly strengthen the ice.
This is really neat - great post Mrgoat.

How strong is it? From the photos (brilliant to see it for real) it doesn't look very substantial?

I have no idea what the plastic in these printers is like when frozen or placed under tension. So I wonder if, unlike metal versions, it might be restricted to use as a key release mechanism rather than a direct bondage release?

Also what a great tip from Ra! Use cotton wool balls in the chamber to prolong/strengthen the ice - brilliant! I'd not heard that before.

MJ
(29 Nov 2014, 08:39 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]Also what a great tip from Ra! Use cotton wool balls in the chamber to prolong/strengthen the ice - brilliant! I'd not heard that before.
I watch the Discovery channel sometimes 😉 Ice with cotton balls is virtually indestructible, unlike just ice, ice with sand or ice with metal rods.

(29 Nov 2014, 08:39 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]How strong is it?
I have no idea what the plastic in these printers is like when frozen or placed under tension.
My question as well.
(29 Nov 2014, 14:01 )Like Ra Wrote: [ -> ]
(29 Nov 2014, 08:39 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]Also what a great tip from Ra! Use cotton wool balls in the chamber to prolong/strengthen the ice - brilliant! I'd not heard that before.
I watch the Discovery channel sometimes 😉 Ice with cotton balls is virtually indestructible, unlike just ice, ice with sand or ice with metal rods.

(29 Nov 2014, 08:39 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]How strong is it?
I have no idea what the plastic in these printers is like when frozen or placed under tension.
My question as well.

ABS plastic is quite strong and the minimum wall thickness is 5mm. I don't think that you could break one of these without a tool of some kind. Even when frozen. I've yet to try to destroy it but I can see what I can do to that end. I feel certain I could hang from it when frozen.
(29 Nov 2014, 14:55 )mrgoat Wrote: [ -> ]wall thickness is 5mm
(29 Nov 2014, 14:55 )mrgoat Wrote: [ -> ]I feel certain I could hang from it when frozen.
...wow.... Sounds very promising!
Made a few revisions, tightened up the tolerence between inside and outside parts and made the ridges more aggressive. This bumped up the time it stays together by 10 min or so. Direct from freezer you can expect 25-45 min till separation when used as a key release. Less if actively used in a restraint.

Does anyone want one if these? Like Ra, want to try our out?

I'm thinking of making a version with multiple spots for releases, basically like 3 of these with the outsides hooked together. Then by changing the size of the inside piece you could have a staggered or multiple stage release. Could be good for starting an enema or something once bound.
Pages: 1 2