Like Ra's Naughty Forum

Full Version: My version of the SRD and ice-release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all

In many of my postings I've mentioned the use of an SRD and ice-release; well it's time to share my method.

I'm not claiming anything radical or new, but it may help or inspire others to greater adventures.

Equipment

Small laundry bag (the ones provided to hold washing powder tablets are best)
3 metal rings – with approx 35mm internal diameter
Rope
Ice cubes

How to:

If you look at the photos it should be self-explanatory, but in simple terms:

Assemble the SRD as you normally would (in the photo I’ve used the laundry bag draw-strings to tie the SRD rings together, but you can use rope and extend that to the draw-string as desired)

[attachment=144]

Tie the 3rd ring to a secure fixing of your choice.

Place your required number of ice-cubes in the laundry bag (limited only by the size of bag and your sense of adventure!)

Now thread the draw-string and neck of the bag through the 3rd ring and tie to your SRD

[attachment=143]

The draw-strings are very tough, as are the bags, and I’ve not had any snap or fall apart so far.

Now you can use the SRD as normal, but when the ice melts in the bag, the whole SRD assembly comes free and so should you!

As always, test and test again before using for real and always ensure your rings are free from snags and rough edges.

Enjoy

MJ
Actually, it can be anything like a sock, for example. Not necessarily a laundry bag.
True - the classic stocking would work just as well.

I opted for the laundry bag for ease of set-up and adjustment - I can leave it tied to the whole rig and simply top up the ice cubes (which individually will pass through the ring) to quickly extend or re-start a session.

MJ
Oh, yes, I mean a sock (or even a cotton bag, see here) will be much more difficult to tear.
Ah-ha! Another posting I'd missed - at least it means I'm on the right lines if not actually inventing anything 'new'.

Question: does ice in the cotton bag take much longer to melt?

I guess this is yet another factor when setting up an ice-release method. So far we know that you need to work out:
1) room temeprature (obvious - warmer = quicker melting)
2) number of ice cubes/size of ice block (another obvious one - more = longer until freedom)
3) size of metal ring/loop that release will be pulled through (smaller = slower)
4) material ice is held in (I think cotton will retain the coldness longer than something with a more open weave, such as a laundry bag)
5) tension or pressure on ice release (not always obvious, but simply put more presure = quicker release. preasure can be you pulling or the weight on the end of the stocking/sock/whatever.)

All in all, a complex set of parameters to be considered... or you could just say "what the hell" and go for it! 😊

MJ
(01 Aug 2009, 21:18 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]Ah-ha! Another posting I'd missed - at least it means I'm on the right lines if not actually inventing anything 'new'.

We are just on the same wave and same ideas are soaring in the air 😉

(01 Aug 2009, 21:18 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]Question: does ice in the cotton bag take much longer to melt?

All in all, a complex set of parameters to be considered...
True, only experiments can show. But the general rule is half kilo of ice in a plastic bottle melts in ~4hours. So I doubt it will take more than 6 hours.

(01 Aug 2009, 21:18 )madjack Wrote: [ -> ]or you could just say "what the hell" and go for it! 😊

Exactly what I do 😉 The rule of thumb is do not overestimate your stretching etc abilities regardless time. The position should be comfortable. If something hurts in the very beginning, it will be unbearable in an hour or so. So take time to redo/readjust when your hands are not bound yet.
And the key words are.... 'The position should be comfortable.'

If only I listened to that advice myself and didn't get carried away! 😊

MJ