Like Ra in latex catsuit, latex mask and high heels
Like Ra's Naughty Playground

XCKNY swimsuit
XCKNY satin glossy swimsuit black swimsuit sexy glossy oily tight elastic silky one-piece swimsuit hot spring swimsui
$45.35-31%

deep throat gag
BDSM Bondage PU Leather Belt Deep Throat Round Ring Slave Mouth Bite Ring Gags Open Mouth Gag Oral Adult Sex Toys
$4.25-20%

anal training
Fox Tail Anal Plug Butt Plug Metal Adult Products Anal Sex Toys for Couple Training Game Role Playing SM Adult Games
$122.56-49%

anal balls
Anal Stimulator Ball Beads Butt Plug Masturbation Crystal Sex Toy for Beginners Man Women Couples Anus Masturbator Massager
$2.71-50%

wig hair
SuQ 1920s Flapper Short Wig Great Gatsby Bobo Wig Black Straight Wig Flapper Costume Hair Wigs Accessory
$15.72-27%

larpgears
Handmade Fetish latex socks unisex rubber sock different color
$24.19-11%

latex catsuit
Sexy Leather Dress Latex Bodysuit Pole Dance Jacket with Zipper Woman Nightwear Erotica Female Spandex Lingerie Catsuit Sexi
$5.99

To view Aliexpress you might need to switch your mobile browser to the Desktop version.

If you would like to use search functions, view hidden archives or play games, please consider registering.

General CD/TV/TS discussion
I think that some female garments are very comfortable to wear as a man, just unacceptable in public. For example, I see no reason why a man shouldn't wear a skirt instead of pants or a leotard instead of undershirt and undies. It seems that fashion has been genderised beyond reason there. Women have evolved, they can wear pretty much anything they like without being suspected to be pervert, with the small exception, that they are supposed to cover a bit more of their bodies than men. It seems that men are pretty much condemned to wear functional clothing with dull colours and as little variety as possible.

Well, I got a second thought about this and in fact, some garments aren't exactly forbidden for men and only the sensitive will notice a man wearing such. Probably pantyhose (except for a doctor or nurse who has to examine your legs), longer boots (not too long and no high-heels) as well as anything that doesn't instantly crash with the male body. The limits for wearing such garments are in our brains. Frankly speaking, I often prefer seeing another average man wearing something before I dare to do so too (thought I can't remember having seen a man in a shiny red oil-cloth windbreaker and I am wearing mine as often as possible).

Except for explicitly female garments as skirts, bikinis, bras etc., there are some more limits to men's wear that I discovered during the last years:

Boots become shorter and shorter. It actually seems as if men never have cold lower legs. The longest "normal" boots just go over the ankles and alternatively, there are horse riding boots, wellingtons (in black and yellow, according to chemical classification etc.), boots for skieing and military boots. All to be used only on purpose (except for the military boots which work as identification tag for certain subcultures). This is quite a recent development over the last few decades. During the last century, women always had the longer boots but not that much longer than today.

The next phenomenon was temporary only. Hoods on jackets or even hoodies were extremely rare for men for almost 10 years (in Germany at least). First, hoods vanished into the collars, then they vanished completely, only a few wintercoats, -jackets and functional clothing survived.

Men are to wear baggy clothes, perhaps concealing the lack of muscles, but I doubt that, since woman have similar problems and they can chose anything from skintight to super baggy to their liking. A man wearing a tight top is considered gay, wearing tight jeans seems okayish, but you are supposed to have impressive legs and still won't find them in the men's department. Ok, some athlets have no choice but wearing tight tops, but they are too masculine to appear gay unless they are wearing pink or black leather. But I am talking about fashion for the average man.

Skirts are almost completely banished from men's wear, except for folcloristic purposes and a few attempts that haven't got far yet. I actually think, that skirts are quite shape-sensitive. Women do know about this and if you check better online-shops, you will find guides that explain what type of skirt is best suited for which body shape. I find it quite sad, that a few guys who try to promote skirts for men have no eye for that and post photographs of men with no hips, strong body and ultra-tight maxi skirt. If that is eventually going to be in fashion, I will abstain. Designer skirts for men look much better. But I actually think that most skirt styles can be worn by some men, they only need the right match. A skinny man looks good in a hutu, an athlete will be well suited in a roman battle skirt, etc. (remember, this thread ignores the fetish potential of clothing). A skirt, and sometimes nothing underneath, is a very comfortable garment and men don't even risk cystitis.

And what about leotards? A bit complicated in the bathroom, but that is even worse for women. Having a good body shape, both, men and women look good in a leotard. I really like leotards in cold weather because you don't ever risk an uncovered (and cold) waist. The only reason I can see is that they tend to be skintight and that is a no-go for men.

Of course there are a couple of very gender specific garments. Bras are useless for men, men also don't need ultra-small tops, they can just go topless instead. As for women, I can only think of condoms, but they aren't really garments...

And there is "the other" function of clothes, to enhance the body shape and make the wearer more sexy. But that applies more to style and design than to the general type of clothes. but indeed, I am sure there won't be many unisex-skirts or leotards anytime soon. I am sure it is no problem to make designs that suit every average human on earth. but especially skirts and leotards are real good shapers for the body.

Another type of garment is some sort of gloves, actually not really gloves but the ones that have no fingers at all, ust a tube with an extra hole for the thumb. Well, these aren't so important for the general idea, since they appeared for fashion purposes only. However, I find them very useful, for example when playing organ in a church in winter (yep, I do play the organ) and they are nice for out-door smokers during cold days.

Last thing to mention for now: Colours, patterns and fabrics. Men have a small choice again. T-shirts and hoodies may be of almost any colour (except for pink and violet of course) but except for silk shirts, leather jackets, leather pants (for the daring), and leather ties (for those who like jeans-shirts), shiny materials are almost strictly forbidden. Fine narrow stripes have to be vertical and on business shirts, and except for very silly stuff ("this belly grew on XXX-Beer", themed socks and ties etc.) and lables of expensive brands, decoration is extremely sparse.

But there is one difference between women's and men's clothes that I won't ever understand: Why do buttons have to be on different sides???

There are probably more strange rules in fashion, but I think I mentioned the ones that bother me most. I have established my own rules in the meantime, keeping in mind public opinion though. But in case there will be significant changes in the future, I will enjoy them. I wonder how others think about this.
Actually, Germany in this sense was always ahead of the planet. Pantyhose for the whole family (not sheer nylon, but still). I still remember these ads. You've got the biggest "men in skirts" and "men in tights" communities in the world. Leather pants? He-he ... What about very Bavarian Lederhosen?

Unlike British and Americans you still wear what they call "Speedo's" to the pool and to the beach (the "speedo's" are officially banned in some swimming pools over there). In my opinion Germany and probably The Netherlands are two the most open minded and tolerant countries. Other places? Japan? Can anybody confirm?

But in the whole I agree with you, of course. As I said here http://www.likera.com/blog/wp/archives/5257 The Public Opinion and Moral are "immoral" by the nature. But from another point of view they help to keep the order without too much thinking, and pretty much define the shape of the Gaussian curve, the mean and the deviation 😉 Though the borders are very vague ;-D
(26 Jan 2010, 21:06 )Strappado Wrote: Of course there are a couple of very gender specific garments. Bras are useless for men, .....

I have to disagree with this. Sports bra can be useful for men. First they give support and men do have breasts too and even a well muscled man can have discomfort from running in the chests. Some of the athletic male running tops do help this. Also I recently had my nipples pierced and the piercer recommended a sports bra for me for sleeping at night to help protect the new piercing. My wife also happens to like the look of a sports bra on me. I also found that in the winter time, a sports bra also helps keep the chest a little warmer.

-cbshackle
(27 Jan 2010, 15:50 )Like Ra Wrote: But actually, Strappado's post was more about the outer (or visible) clothes. Underwear is like wearing naughty stuff at home, where nobody can see anything.

In fact, it is about the impact of knowing that someone wears a certain garment. Visibility is not important.

I didn't know of the uses a bra can have for a man, but - put aside fetish - I see none for me and I am sure, most men think the same.
Probably for sumo wrestlers ...
Hi

Just new here on this great site...
Anyhow, this topic especially interests me much since I am wondering about that all the time too.

I think this has something to do with the saying of "clothes make the man". I mean, it's just a common habit that the clothes are so much gender specific. Except for the exceptions of course...
I for instance like skirts, no I love them. I am wearing skirts when ever I can, just not outside, since I am not into scene or trend specific clothes at all, I want and like casual.
But nowadays a skirt is one of the most feminine piece one can find. In the past it was a bit different, especially in the antique cultures. Roman soliders worn what we would call a mini- or midiskirt today. But with the use of horses, the knight culture and so on, pants became more and more masculine. Women worn long dresses since they had to cover their calves and did not ride the horse as much as men did.
However what I like even more than skirts is dresses. I am always jealous about the women in hot summertimes (like now) when they wear a breezy summerskirt while I sweat in t-shirt and jeans (even if they are shorter).
Has there ever been a dress for men? Guess not.
Another thing is, as you said aeady, tights (I like the smooth feeling of nylons on my skin). Remember the times, when noble men worn knee trousers and tights and additionally even shoes with (small) heels and clasp.
By the way, why ain't men allowed to wear heels?

All in all I think, one of the reason is that women's clothes are almost always shape accenting, even jeans, and heels underline the curves of female legs and additionaly make them move their hips in a feminine way.
And the reasons for colors might be that men did more dirty things in the outside and fights and so on where colorful light clothing was unfavorable. Noble women wanted to show that they were not required to do work and therefore worn bright clolors and intricate dresses what would have exposed every little spot of stain.

But also times change, slowly but they do. For instance the colors. I see alot of men especially these so called "yuppies" or business men who wear pink (polo) shirts, t-shirts and so on. Hey, I remember that the Startrek tv-series once had designs for male starfleet uniforms that been the same as for women: Not pants but onepiece dresses... 😁 I read somewhere, that the designers said, in the future the borders between sexes would vanish completely and men would wear dresses too - unfortunately this utopia was dropped in the series further on...

By the way - there is an explaination why the knobs are on different sides: Noble men used to dress themself, their butler gave them the jacket from behind and then man buttoned up himself, and with most being right-handers the grab-in was on the right side. Noble women instead been dressed and buttoned up by their maid and therefore the buttons appear mirrored. So this too is just a hangover from past times 😉
(01 Jul 2010, 00:27 )mindphuk Wrote: Just new here on this great site...
Very welcome!

(01 Jul 2010, 00:27 )mindphuk Wrote: I think this has something to do with the saying of "clothes make the man".
And the society makes clothes. Hence, what "makes the man" depends on the society. Public moral....

(01 Jul 2010, 00:27 )mindphuk Wrote: But nowadays a skirt is one of the most feminine piece one can find.
Can't agree with that. Kilts is a one example. Then "skirts for men" (many designers came up with). They are not feminine at all.

(01 Jul 2010, 00:27 )mindphuk Wrote: By the way, why ain't men allowed to wear heels?
I would not say "ain't allowed". Many men do wear heels. Have a look at this blog, as an example. Creating your own style IS difficult. The style must correspond you physically, mentally, energetically, etc. If it does not fit, suit, correspond the person who wears this kind of clothes - the result will be pathetic.

(01 Jul 2010, 00:27 )mindphuk Wrote: All in all I think, one of the reason is that women's clothes are almost always shape accenting, even jeans, and heels underline the curves of female legs and additionaly make them move their hips in a feminine way.
Mmmm... think of tight sport clothes for men. Catsuits, leggings, swimsuits, leotards. Not feminine at all.

(01 Jul 2010, 00:27 )mindphuk Wrote: And the reasons for colors might be that men did more dirty things in the outside and fights and so on where colorful light clothing was unfavorable. Noble women wanted to show that they were not required to do work and therefore worn bright clolors and intricate dresses what would have exposed every little spot of stain.
Red Ferrari, yellow Lamborghini, pink Cadillac. Flowery Hawaii shirts. So, yes and no. and again depends on the particular society. A pink pullover will not be definitely bot allowed for a man who works with business clients. A clerk in a bank, for example.

(01 Jul 2010, 00:27 )mindphuk Wrote: But also times change, slowly but they do.
Oh, yeah... "Speedos" are not allowed in swimming pools in the UK and frowned upon on the beaches of the US. That was not possible 20 years ago. Ridiculous ...

Bottom line - it's all in our heads... But with some help from the society 😉
If you are a man and you would like to wear publicly something like a skirt, get a sarong. See the Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarong
It is quite popular in South Asia, and perfectly acceptable for men there.
If someone questions you about it in a western country, just explain the fact.
It's like the kilt, except that it doesn't scream "Scotland".
Uh.. well maybe I have to state that I sometime write a little bit messy, well thats just how I am 😁

And so I should maybe have underlined a bit more what I was writing about.
Of course there are special purpose clothes for men that are disprove my callow thesis. For instance the sport clothings, or things like Kilts. However I was focusing on the more casual every work day clothes. Kilts for instance are - if not scottish - worn by some scene guys, I see punks or goths with Kilt like skirts and so on and sarongs you find them maybe worn by post-hippies, goa-heads and so on. But you would not see the usual guy in such a piece.
As well as for the heels. I know these pictures of guys wearing heels, but honestly, they are all some kind of glamorous, extravagant. When I write "they are not allowed to..." I of course don't want to say, that there is a law against it. Here in germany we have a damn stupid TV show "germany's next topmodel", you may know it. There is an extravagant guy who trains the models and he's wearing heels and everyone outside the show laughts about him, he's obviously gay. Ok, beside of the heels he acts ludicrous as well, but that suits to his overall appearance and people think he's gay because he wears heels.

I am a usual guy. My style is casual, black and simple. I wear black because of laziness, since black always fits. And I don't like logos or stupid slogans. I am not scene at all. I know alot of scene guys, punks, hipsters, goths, gays, fetishists all colour and many are friends of me but I just don't want to dress up with something that refers to some kind of a scene.

And so because I don't want to categorize myself with my clothings, there is very little I can wear beside of "usual" men clothings. Men wearing "inappropriate clothings" are always put into some class, either way they are folklorists, or trendy scene guys, gay or trans or just extravagant show off.

Quote:Red Ferrari, yellow Lamborghini, pink Cadillac. Flowery Hawaii shirts. So, yes and no. and again depends on the particular society. A pink pullover will not be definitely bot allowed for a man who works with business clients. A clerk in a bank, for example.

Yes as I wrote, nowadays you see men in colors (tho not as much as women still), I wrote about pink shirts for business guys. But what I meant there was the past to reason why there is a difference between the genders. It's dissolving a little but it's still clearly there.

Furthermore we could also talk about makeup. There is makeup for men, but it is very sparse. I for instance like men with kajal. However, there again they are classified into some scene-types while almost every casual woman wears kajal or mascara many daily some just when the dress up for something special. And lipstick? Nailpolish? Impossible when not goth, punk or glam.
OK, I see your point. BTW, have you "seen" this guy:

http://www.likera.com/blog/wp/archives/9
http://www.likera.com/blog/wp/archives/425

And just two more links:
http://www.likera.com/blog/wp/archives/2852
http://www.likera.com/blog/wp/archives/3176

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
General TG, TS, TV and sex change thread Like Ra 887 148,205 18 Mar 2024, 17:45
Last Post: Zooy

Contributors: cbshackle (1) , Culmor (3) , Joyl27 (1) , Like Ra (32) , mindphuk (2) , Poorwhitetrash (1) , Smoothron (1) , Strappado (13) , tbirdgal (1) , Tinker D (3) , Zooy (2)