Like Ra's Naughty Forum
Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technical section (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Technical-section)
+--- Forum: Site (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Site)
+--- Thread: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings (/Thread-Site-performance-Server-errors-outages-and-tunings)

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 17 Oct 2012

Rippers spoil the picture, break caches and overload the server. Mod-qos does not work, need to compile the latest version.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 17 Oct 2012

Bloody rippers ... Compiling mod_qos...

...Looks like the latest version required lots of additional apache modules and libraries.

Compiled, installed, apache crashed. Fun! 😁

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 18 Oct 2012

Looks like I've stepped onto a non-tested land. moq_gos and mod_pagespeed were not tested if they can work together.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 21 Oct 2012

Whoooohhh... That was not easy. After I upgraded the OS release to the latest distribution, I finally decided to migrate from MPM-ITK (prefork + su) and mod_php5 to MPM-Worker. To make the long story short, the current configuration is MPM-Worker + FastCGI + PHP-FPM + APC + mod_pagespeed. Due to the available memory (1GB) I can't configure too many PHP processes. So I gradually went from 6 to 18, 10 always available.

The performance when not too busy has jumped up a notch, but when there are no free PHP processes, the waiting time (till the 1st byte) can be up to 20 seconds. Need more memory...

Any problems so far?

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - madjack - 22 Oct 2012

Hi Ra

one problem - am trying to share my latest adventure but can't upload any attachements.

takes an age to do nothing 😟

MJ

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 22 Oct 2012

(22 Oct 2012, 11:23 )madjack Wrote: one problem - am trying to share my latest adventure but can't upload any attachements.
Do you get any errors? Checking now...

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 22 Oct 2012

How big are the files?

Increased the maximum file size to 4MB. It was reset by the new installation to 2MB. Try again? Works for me.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - madjack - 22 Oct 2012

(22 Oct 2012, 13:07 )Like Ra Wrote: Increased the maximum file size to 4MB. It was reset by the new installation to 2MB. Try again? Works for me.

trying again - file size was a bit big Blush

MJ

It works - probably file size, so I've reduced all.

new session posted for your pleasure

MJ