Like Ra's Naughty Forum
Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technical section (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Technical-section)
+--- Forum: Site (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Site)
+--- Thread: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings (/Thread-Site-performance-Server-errors-outages-and-tunings)

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - madjack - 16 Aug 2023

What the heck???????

Screenshot 2023-08-16 222159.png thumbnail   

Getting this every other click - if I page back and go again everything is ok

Help me Obi-wan  @Like Ra you're my only hope....

MJ

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 16 Aug 2023

(16 Aug 2023, 22:25 )madjack Wrote: Getting this every other click - if I page back and go again everything is ok
Something new.... I can't think of any possible explanation so far...

Does anybody else see this "intermittent ban"?

The only thing I can advise so far is cleaning the cookies and site data.

Shift-Reload?

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 16 Aug 2023

Aha! Just got the same thing! Reload helps, but...

(16 Aug 2023, 22:25 )madjack Wrote: What the heck???????

I have not made any changes since yesterday besides robot.txt, but it should not affect site access at all.

Just rebuilt the internal MyBB cache. I do not see this error anymore. Please confirm?

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 17 Aug 2023

Still getting this message.

I have another theory. All connections are coming from the same IP-addresses now - CloudFlare. If you ban a user, the IP address will be added to the banned list. And that's what might trigger this ban message. Trying some workarounds ...

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 17 Aug 2023

I removed banned CF IP's from the list. I hope it helps.

Mmmm... banning users becomes more difficult ...

Aha! There is a setting "Add banned IP filter" - I just set it to "No"!

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - madjack - 17 Aug 2023

(17 Aug 2023, 00:38 )Like Ra Wrote: Aha! There is a setting "Add banned IP filter" - I just set it to "No"!

That seems to have fixed it!

😁

I shall monitor but all appears to be ok now

MJ

(17 Aug 2023, 08:25 )madjack Wrote:
Quote:Aha! There is a setting "Add banned IP filter" - I just set it to "No"!
That seems to have fixed it!
What actually fixed that was removing two Cloudflare IP-addresses from the ban list.
And the setting above is to prevent adding such IP-addresses to the ban list in the future, when I ban spammers.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 23 Aug 2023

New kernel, new Ruffle (SDT is still not working 😠). The server was rebooted.