Like Ra's Naughty Forum
Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Printable Version

+- Like Ra's Naughty Forum (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technical section (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Technical-section)
+--- Forum: Site (https://www.likera.com/forum/mybb/Forum-Site)
+--- Thread: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings (/Thread-Site-performance-Server-errors-outages-and-tunings)

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 17 Feb 2019

(16 Feb 2019, 04:38 )zan Wrote: This is what a dev/sandbox environment is for
Theoretically yes, this would be the proper way to deploy any new changes, but ... I would have to support and keep in sync not one but two servers. What means even more time and efforts for something I'm not only not paid, but for what I pay 😁 So my strategy is to test whatever I can on a separate page on this live website or (if testing in advance is not possible) be prepared for a quick roll back, should something go wrong.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 22 Feb 2019

Just noticed a strange thing. When I click "Post Reply" the message does not appear in the forum until I refresh the page. This is something about AJAX/jQuery, need to investigate. I don't remember this was the case after right I fixed some issues (see above). OTOH, my firefox is misbehaving today. Investigating...

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Anne - 23 Feb 2019

(22 Feb 2019, 17:09 )Like Ra Wrote: Just noticed a strange thing.  When I click "Post Reply" the message does not appear in the forum until I refresh the page. This is something about AJAX/jQuery, need to investigate. I don't remember this was the case after right I fixed some issues (see above). OTOH, my firefox is misbehaving today. Investigating...

I have the same issue, thought there was a networking issue at first.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 23 Feb 2019

(23 Feb 2019, 08:21 )Anne Wrote: I have the same issue
😟

Can't figure out yet what it is.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 23 Feb 2019

WebConsole shows JSON syntax error in the QuickReply function in thread.js:

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

And it's not related to ModPageSpeed caching or anything obvious related to the changes I made. jQuery version? But it worked perfectly for several days.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 24 Feb 2019

It was the TapaTalk plugin, which is not used by at least 99.99% of visitors. Deactivated.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 24 Feb 2019

Firefox Web Dev Console/Dbugger is a fantastic tool (even if you have no idea how it all works or is supposed to work).

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 02 Mar 2019

The size of the mailbox (private messages) has been increased to 500. Let me know if this is not enough 😉

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 09 Apr 2019

The forum software has been upgraded to the latest version. As always, please keep an eye on glitches and errors.

RE: Site performance, Server errors, outages and tunings - Like Ra - 09 Apr 2019

Looks like I can't add attachments. Something recached. Going through all templates again one by one...